23 February 2012

About Me




Hey guys. I'm a freelance photographer based in Melbourne. I specialized in weddings and corporate event coverage. Storytelling has always been my photography approach. At times I do portraits as well. As a hobby, I practice street photography on my spare time. 



For any photography service inquiries, please feel free to drop me an email at contactcameralance@gmail.com











My purpose in photography

I don't consider myself a master in the craft nor claim to know it all. I have my flaws. What I do have is considerable years of experience. I've been through a lot. I've seen a lot.

I used to be in the camp of chasing after the latest trends. Following what everybody is doing. It gave me a feeling that I was doing the right thing. As a result,  I lack individuality. Colourful visuals created by cool techniques with fancy gears interest me no more. 

The passion I once had was slowly slipping away. Knowing this has to stop, I retraced back to what got me started. It was a simple portrait of a happy bride. I was intrigued by the fact that I could feel emotions just by looking at the photo. And then looking at my other personal favorite images throughout the years, I concluded emotions and stories are my thing.

I realized what I truly wanted to do is to photograph life time moments. Moments that can't be repeated. Moments filled with emotions. I wanna create photographs that meant something to people. Photographs that can invoke emotions when they look at it. Photographs that people would cherish for years. However, I don't aim to please everyone. If my images meant something to only one or two individuals, that means I've accomplished my goal.   

And so, my purpose in photography is to share stories and moments. I wanna let people know what I felt when I clicked the button. The camera has become just a tool  for me to tell stories. A tool with an expensive price tag, no doubt. But you can't put a price tag on captured moments that would last for ages.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All images and materials found in this blog are copyrighted to Vui Khien/Lance/CAMERALANCE and cannot be used, manipulated, altered in any way shape or form without expressed written permission by Vui Khien. Failure to do so will result in copyright infringement and theft of intellectual property and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of international laws.