15 February 2012

Japanese Summer Festival



Went to the Waterfront City Docklands for the annual Japanese Summer Festival - Bon Odori last weekend. How was it? HUGE crowd, HUGE line at the food stalls and girls in Kimonos. And by girls, I don't mean Japanese girls but the locals as well. Australians actually "dress" for events, one of the things I find it impressive over here. 


Here's one of the many kimono girls. 

Kids performance from a dance school. 

I find this rather amusing. 

One of the main attraction was the sumo wrestling demonstration. Marked good spot half an hour earlier in hopes that I could get to watch/photograph the actions up close.

While waiting, little children entered the ring and played around. 

My friends and I were expecting huge chubby half-naked Japanese pushing each other but turns out to be a pair of skinny non-Japanese guys in the ring. Kind of disappointing.

The up close actions that I was hoping for. 

It wouldn't be a Bon Odori without a dance ;) 

Kids with the Japanese summer coats. 

This little adorable girl was dancing towards the music.

 My friends were quite happy with their balloon yoyos. 

Thanks for viewing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

All images and materials found in this blog are copyrighted to Vui Khien/Lance/CAMERALANCE and cannot be used, manipulated, altered in any way shape or form without expressed written permission by Vui Khien. Failure to do so will result in copyright infringement and theft of intellectual property and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of international laws.