23 September 2014

Need to keep on moving.



I completed my university about 3 months ago. Ever since then, I'm a full time photographer. I still find it a little awkward telling my friends about it. Maybe I need to get used to it. I'm not ashamed of what I do. Maybe I just need to be more confident with myself.

These days I have been shooting a fair bit of corporate events. They are not as fancy as shooting weddings, but the pay is decent and the job is not that difficult. If the client is happy with your work, there is a high possibility of future jobs. Helps pay the bill. Nothing to complain.

Like many other new business owners or entrepreneurs, I guess I'm at the stage of self-doubt and self-questioning. Though I have never considered myself as an entrepreneur. Those guys either create new things or offer existing market an innovative way to do something. Whereas I'm doing something that has already been done by others. Recently I kept pondering and questioning myself. Will I make it? Can I pull it off? Especially in this foreign country. A country filled with new photographers just like me, popping up on every other corner down the street. It is not an exaggeration to say that the land down under has an over-supply of photographers.

I'm quite aware that there's no point in overthinking this. I need to block out all this negativity and self-doubt. I need to keep moving on. I need to keep on making new images. Keep on doing this and I know that one day I'll get it. What is it? Success? Wealth? Fame?


I don't know. I'll find out when I get it. For now, I know that the day when I stop moving,  it is the day I give up. And I don't feel like giving up yet. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not in the near future.



Thanks for reading.


1 comment:

Disclaimer

All images and materials found in this blog are copyrighted to Vui Khien/Lance/CAMERALANCE and cannot be used, manipulated, altered in any way shape or form without expressed written permission by Vui Khien. Failure to do so will result in copyright infringement and theft of intellectual property and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of international laws.